Friday, November 27, 2009

It's time for the countdown

There are 13 days left until my departure and i have almost everything in order. Today I purchased a spot satellite transmitter so that you all can see where I am on a map. It should be pretty neat. In addition to the tracking, it also has an emergency services option should I need it. I hope that this puts you all at ease a little. It's getting too dreary and cold to really do any more riding these days, but I hope to get another couple rides in while I'm here. I picked up a job as a chauffeur to fund the trip a little bit, but the unfortunate side effect of having this job is sitting in a car...and waking up at 3 in the morning or not getting home until 3 in the morning. But, funding is necessary, and I'll do a lot of things I normally wouldn't to make a dollar or two. Oh, on another health note, I'm going to a travel clinic on monday to get an assortment of antibiotics and other fun goodies in case I get sick in the middle of no where. So it seems that I have put away, or at least suppressed, my natural state of "Safety? Ridiculous! Nothing bad will ever happen" and taken a little advice and good precaution. Here's a little hope that this trend will continue in my life, not so much that it squelches my fire, but maybe just enough to provide a nicely controlled burn.

Hasta la proxima! Busquame en los callejones de mexico. Ciao!

No comments: