Friday, December 18, 2009

Plan Updates and general good news

I have purchased another ticket to Mexico City for January 19th. This will put me in Mexico for approximately 3 months, which even though is half of what I originally dreamed of, is still a long time. I'm still in the process of trying to make some dollars for this trip since I have another 4 weeks around here. I've put up ads around the gym as a house cleaner/errand runner/baby sitter/general stuff doer. I'm hoping that I get some calls in the next few days. I also have a couple of jobs that are probably going to call me sometime soon, and a random job cleaning a sub shop in the center of town (but it's totally unreliable). The other thing that I'm spending my time doing, besides job hunting, is going to a cycling class every morning at the gym. It's been really really really awesome. There's nothing like sweating buckets every morning to wake you up. Besides making me feel really awesome and productive, the cycling class is going to ensure that when I do get back on my bike and start hauling me and my 35 pounds of gear around I won't just fall over panting and cursing myself for ever thinking that biking across Mexico was a good idea. Oh I'll be ready all right, at least for the physical part. I've been reading all sorts of bike forums and blogs and looking at photos of other Mexican bike tours and I'm just getting more and more excited. I've been thinking lately that I would also really like to visit Colombia, preferably on bike, sometime in the future. I'll think about this one for some other year. For this year I have plans to return to Star Island (hopefully) and then continue on to some other room and board job for the winter. I figure two back to back jobs with room and board over a year will let me be able to stack up a pretty decent amount of money. Who knows what's in the future for real though, but I have enough dreams to fill up a world of futures.

No comments: