Thursday, January 21, 2010

Finalmente, estoy aqui

So, I´m having some issues with the map at the top of the page because it´s not updating itself at all.  Boo.  I´ll see what I can do about fixing it (Matt, that means you) but for now if you´d like to see where I´ve been, which is´t very far, then check out this link: http://share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewspots.jsp?glId=0RceZhbklfpIYKS5Hs5M9BzqHEZONhM5K


it´s a long one.  Coming back to Mexico has been as easy as going home.  I dont feel like a stranger, Im not nervous, and Im super excited about everything around me.  As I was putting my bike back together yesterday someone started playing the trumpet in the street outside my window.  This is what I love about mexico.  Ive eaten probably 5 paletas since I got here, which are the most awesome popsicles in the world.  Im staying with my friend Sol here in the city and shes probably the best person to hang out with after not speaking spanish for a few months.  Shes super nice and really talkative which makes me want to tell her all sorts of stories.  Perfect for practicing.  Today we went to the nacional palace and to the huge cathedral in the zocalo, which is the main square.  I ate some ricos enchiladas jarochos and I had a really delicious cafe con leche which they serve by pouring a little bit of espresso in a cup and then pouring hot milk in from a high distance which mixes is and makes it a little foamy.  Its like the best latte youve ever had.  I think Ill stay here for a few days, maybe a week, and then head north on my bike.  I might have packed too much cold weather gear, but I couldnt help it because its been snowing the whole time Ive been planning.  Its pretty great temperature wise around here, maybe 70 and sunny sunny sunny. 













1 comment:

Meredith said...

So glad to see you are safely and happily back in Mexico, Anne. Enjoy, enjoy! - Meredith & Gary